• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Hampshire registration issues

my blood flows OD

I went to my town office yesterday to register my 1972 M-813 and I was told I needed a title for it cause it was 3 axles with a GVW over 18000 lbs.
Has anyone else run into this in NH?
I register my bobbed deuce two axles under 18000 lbs so this is all new to me.
I was thinking its NH and older then 15 yrs with a bill of sale and a vin varification I would be all set.

Last edited:

Jeep Nasty

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"New Hampshire does not issue titles for vehicles that have a model year of 1999 or older, except for heavy trucks with three (3) axles or more, or truck tractors whose gross vehicle weight exceeds 18,000 pounds which must always be titled regardless of age. Also, vehicles that are over 25 years of age may only be titled at an owner's request."
[/FONT]"Vehicles Required to be Titled in New Hampshire
  • Heavy trucks as defined under RSA 259:41 having 3 or more axles, when gross vehicle weight exceeds 18,000 pounds (all years are titled).
  • Truck-tractors regardless of axles when gross weight exceeds 18,000 pounds (Peterbilt, Mack, Kenworth, Freightliner, etc.) (all years are titled).
  • Heavy trucks or truck tractors whose gross vehicle weight exceeds 18,000 pounds which must always be titled regardless of age. Also, certain antique vehicles may be titled at the owner's request. A complete list of vehicles that are exempt from title requirements in New Hampshire may be found at RSA 261:3."

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So there are two ways to approach this: The first would be to get a boded title which stinks. The second is to go to your town hall, request to register your truck as an antique and tell them that you want to apply for an antique title. You may then have to go to DMV to obtain the antique title, then finish the registration process at your town hall. You cannot do the antique title at a DMV satellite office, has to be at Hazen Drive location in concord. I believe a member on here form NH has successfully completed the process this way.

[/FONT]Affidavit of Ownership for Antique VehiclesRSA 261:4-a https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/forms/documents/tdmv105.pdf

Please Note: Applications for a Certificates of Title (TDMV 23A) may only be obtained at your Town or City Clerk's office.

SO I think you need to get the form TDMV 23A at your town clerk office, then fill out and get notarized form TDMV105", bring that to DMV, to get antique title, then you should be all set.

my blood flows OD

Wow!!! And then for the last act you must jump thru 3 flaming hoops blind folded on a tricycle. Drum roll please...
thank you for the info. I geuss my best shot would be to call the seller. He never registered the truck but he bought it off a fire dept auction. Maybe the fire dept has records that will help?

Kaiser67M715

Contact the seller, if he did indeed get it from the fire department, then as a government truck you should be able to get some form of a title. The only problem may come if the fire department sold it as parts only.

Or you can do the antique title, mine was rather simple, get it filled out at an inspection station, notarized(I lucked out, the boss at my dads work was also a notary, so I got a vin verification, inspection, and the antique title form all filled out at once.) Then when you start the antique tag process at the local town office, you give them all the forms. Then they either give you back everything, or some other forms, and you go to a state DMV office and get your plates, fill out one more form, and your title will get sent to you in a few weeks.

my blood flows OD

I contacted the fire dept that sold it in October to the guy I bought it off in November. They are looking around for any info they have that might help. So for now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed till they call back.
They did tell me it wasn't sold as a parts truck.

Jericho

go the antigue route, honest! lived in new Hampshire most of my life (except 20 years in service) registration can be difficult, go to Concord, DMV is on the heights turn across from Blodgett Street on the left coming up hill. Hazen Drive across from
Wendys!

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have no luck in your search, get in touch with MVMVC.org, there are many people in that group, someone will have the answers for you! They all have had to go through the same process.

Good Luck