• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member questions about a M715

sgnellett

Does anyone have any info, or maybe even pictures, of any Navy M715's? I'd like to do a J-cab M-715 in haze gray one of these days, just wondered if they were ever actually used that way.

Barrman

I have never seen any Navy marked up M715's I don't think. Haven't seen any Air Force Blue ones either for that matter. Most of us are either an Army color or USMC Green when the paint is done spraying.

That being said, I do remember a few conversations about Navy trucks. Just can't remember who, where or when. Sorry about that.

67Beast

I was contacted by the Seabee's museum about making markings for a few M715s that they are restoring. So I assume that they did use some at some point, but I believe by that time period, that they were all painted od green and not haze gray.

sgnellett

67Beast said:
I was contacted by the Seabee's museum about making markings for a few M715s that they are restoring. So I assume that they did use some at some point, but I believe by that time period, that they were all painted od green and not haze gray.
Thanks for the info, btw, I was in your shop last month while I was flogging my TJ up at the dunes!

67Beast

sgnellett said:
67Beast said:
Thanks for the info, btw, I was in your shop last month while I was flogging my TJ up at the dunes!
Next time you are up, make sure to say hello. I'm usually always at work.

surpdlr

sgnellett said:
Does anyone have any info, or maybe even pictures, of any Navy M715's? I'd like to do a J-cab M-715 in haze gray one of these days, just wondered if they were ever actually used that way.
Years ago I had a 715 that was ex Seabea's. It was OD with SeaBea logo on the tailgate.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: New member questions about a M715

There is another thread with a Seabees marked 6217 with the box sawed in half.