• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New NAPA wiper part number/fix 11-14-09

SolarJunkie

11-14-09

Newbie here with first post.

Here's what I came up with for a wiper fix on my new ole' rusty deuce after I saw the other parts at NAPA were discontinued.

Used part NAPA part number 60-1233 "Classic Wiper Blade". All steel construction.

Punched out the indent/nub inside the original wiper holder with a handy philips head screwdriver.

Found out that penetrating oil, a bench vise and vise grips wouldn't help take it apart; so, I ground off one of the edges of the tip of the original wiper blade holder.

Grabbed the new part and slipped it onto the original bayonet/arm as far as it would go.

Then marked the spot were the new part had a hole.

Removed old bayonet and drilled new hole.

Slipped parts together and bolted it to the truck.

Don't have receipt handy, but I think it cost less than $15 for the NAPA blade.

I would bet they have black... but that's all she had when I was there.

Cheers!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks