• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner battery question

mechanix

I am picking up a Deuce in a couple of days and want to take batteries with me and was wandering if anyone has used the Group 78 dual terminal batteries. I noticed that the Group 31s and a couple of inches longer than the 6TL and worried they might not fit.

markmontana

I've put group 31 batteries in a deuce (plastic battery box) and it was a REAL tight fit, and I will not use them again. I've been using some Costco $59 lately, and they are great for summer recoveries.

rlwm211

I put a set of Optima yellow top 800 CCA batteries in mine, Since they are considerably smaller than the 6TL's, I filled the voids with structural foam to prevent their moving around. They work great.

RL

mechanix

Ok. Thanks everyone. I think I will use the 78 dual terminals. Have more amps than the 24s. I want to make sure I have plenty of juice for our cold winters.

rlwm211

Cold winters...Kansas? Oh yeah, the wind blows a lot there....

No seriously, I started my deuce at -7 last winter on the pair of 800 cca batteries without issue. Some of this has to do with the condition of the engine and how winterized the fuel is. You have to add kerosene to keep it from gelling.

have a great time with your truck!!!!

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks