• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Tires, New Rims, and New Fuel leak

rottiedog

Finally got my 14's mounted on the OD Iron rims and swapped out the 11's. I think it looks really good. Can't wait to get power steering now. FIxed a fuel leak last week betwwen the secondary filters and the pump. Today, big leak on the passenger side above the Turbo. I didn't even know that fuel went to that side of the engine. It is one of the two rubber couplers on the top. Gushes fuel really good. Looking at the TMs now to see how to get these off.

Pics of new tires. Anybody want 6 11.00X20s in great shape??

Attachments

davidkroberts

truck looks great, it will probably be allot better after you get the power steering installed.

How tall are the tires I could probably use them but i dont need the rims any chance you could get them broken down prior to shipment? What are you asking

Dave

rottiedog

Confused now.....Well I am always confused but this is different. The manual states that these are water outlet manifolds....

I turn the fuel pump on and it looks like and smells like fuel sparying out of the rubber coupler on the front.

GO
NOTE
If engine has top-mounted, uncovered manifold heater
ignition unit, four of 12 machine bolts (1), were taken
out with ignition unit.
Take out 12 screws (1).
Loosen screws (2) on hose clamps (3).
Take off front and rear cylinder head water outlet manifolds (4).
Take off 12 nuts and washers (5).
Take off six water outlet manifold gaskets (6) and throw away.​

rottiedog

truck looks great, it will probably be allot better after you get the power steering installed.

How tall are the tires I could probably use them but i dont need the rims any chance you could get them broken down prior to shipment? What are you asking

Dave

I will get out and measure but if my memory is correct, the 11.00 are about 42 inches high.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you take a pic of what your taking about?

Maybe you have a leak in your Cold start manifold heater lines? The coolant manifolds definitely should not be leaking fuel!

You do have a manifold flame heater, right?

rottiedog

Can you take a pic of what your taking about?

Maybe you have a leak in your Cold start manifold heater lines? The coolant manifolds definitely should not be leaking fuel!

You do have a manifold flame heater, right?
Went and checked the leak again. Not where I thought but it was close. I think it is the preheater. Can I just block that off over at the T-connector near the injectors?

Picture of leak:

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you can just eliminate the tee in the return line(with a new piece of line. The other little line can be plugged at the injector pump, by removing the fitting and useing an 1/8" pipe plug.

btw, 1/4" DOT airbrake line works well for the return fuel line.

Last edited:

rottiedog

Yes, you can just eliminate the tee in the return line(with a new piece of line. The other little line can be plugged at the injector pump, by removing the fitting and useing an 1/8" pipe plug.

btw, 1/4" DOT airbrake line works well fort he return fuel line.

Thanks!! It has been an interesting day for the trucks today!!

rottiedog

btw, 1/4" DOT airbrake line works well for the return fuel line.

Leak fixed! Thanks.

Spent a lot of time with degreaser and a toothbrush on the engine. I can see the block now. Loks like the line that runs from the turbo to the block is leaking a little.

One leak at a time.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks