• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newb...with good idea..i think

saveitforsunrise

im a newb here and i am looking into buying a m1008 from a local mv dealer once i sell my 97 tahoe, the thing that iv been thinking about is a snorkal kit, would it be too much to run a 5 or so inch pipe from the intake down under the cab and up into the bed like an ex stack? im feeling that this would work if there wasnt too much throttal lag, sorry if im wrong about this or anything, im 17 and need something to make it through a few feet of water on a emergency basis, i live on a river and the road floods out every time we get a few foot of rain, and also would a m1008 be a good choice for south ga?

Cucvnut

If I was building a snorkel I would go in to the cab or adapt a jeep style that goes out the fender and up the sideof the windshield.

Chief_919

im a newb here and i am looking into buying a m1008 from a local mv dealer once i sell my 97 tahoe, the thing that iv been thinking about is a snorkal kit, would it be too much to run a 5 or so inch pipe from the intake down under the cab and up into the bed like an ex stack? im feeling that this would work if there wasnt too much throttal lag, sorry if im wrong about this or anything, im 17 and need something to make it through a few feet of water on a emergency basis, i live on a river and the road floods out every time we get a few foot of rain, and also would a m1008 be a good choice for south ga?
As someone with some swiftwater rescue experience- planning to drive through flood waters is suicide.

The water is often swift, and will carry your entire vehicle downstream quickly.

The roadways often wash out, and the 3ft ford can become 10ft instantly as you go ahead. You can't see the bottom, and you can't tell.

Obstacles get washed into the roads, and you can't see them. I have seen a truck get stuck in the water during a flood because a brabed wire fence had washed into the roiad, he drove over, and he ended up with barbed wire wrapped around the driveshaft and wheels.

Every year people die because they tried to drive through flood waters. Far, far more end up having to make rescuers risk their life to rescue them because they tried to drive through flood waters.

Don't be one of them.

saveitforsunrise

its a private road we maintain to our house, its not swift flood waters, its swamp flood waters, its more of wet lands than fast flowing waters like up north

mistaken1

When you drive through water deep enough to cover vents (like axle vents) those things being vented take on water which means after fording you have to change the lubricants that are now contaminated with water.

That or extend all of your vents to the same level as your snorkel (or at least higher than the water level you plan on fording).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks