• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie...turn-key Deuces......?

tamangel

I know you all are rollin' your eyes on this one , but....':roll:'

I drove many Deuces all over the southern USA when I was in the Air Force back in the early '70's (609th TCS @ Cannon AFB, New Mexico..Comm Shelter on the back..). Great truck. Eventually looking for one for a camper base vehicle like this:
http://www.expeditioncampers.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=44

Now, I'm no mechanic but can do simple stuff on the outside with proper manuals. Eventually, I'll be looking for a turn-key deuce, maybe a M36A2 or ? Any recommendations for companys to purchase from or other sources for 'guys like me'...? I see Clark equipment has nice units, refurbished and all

http://www.clarktruck.com/trucks.cfm

And Joe Young is out of business I guess.. Any others? I am envious of all you mechanical guys who can go to GSA and switch batteries and drive home.. My luck would be the opposite...as it has been in the past! Had a couple of school buses in the past..

I know, $12,500 is alot of bucks but I look at it like the next vehicle purchase and w/ an extra $10K for body and interior refinements, maybe I would have a nice unit...Hmmmm, now it is getting expensive... Oh, honey, can we talk..':jumpin:'

Thanks mates for your input..

Mike

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,

Welcome to SS. There are plenty of nice turn key dueces available from members of this site. Much more reasonable than Clark. PM me, I may know someone up your way in Northern Cali. who has trucks periodically for sale.

CanonNinja

define "turn-key".....

Oh and listen to Mike... there's a board member here who has had some gorgeous trucks for sale recently, and another non-member (brother of a G503.com member) that's been selling off his fleet of movie prop vehicles... both in NorCal...

tamangel

turn-key to me would be something like Clark offers..Mechanically sound..I guess I could buy new tires, glass, hard tops, batteries and stuff like that, not too woried about cosmetics..That can be done later..guess, just completely sound , mechanically is what I'd need.. Sounds like I'm really clueless, eh!..javascript:emoticon(':roll:')

Mike

CanonNinja

I know Dieselsmoke's trucks have been damn good buys, and I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing his non-turbo truck a few months back

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i was stationed at cannon the winter 0f 65/66 training to go to nam, go figure, snow and FROZEN ground as a training site for tropical viet nam, only the US military would come with something like that

jeli

Your first link doesn't show much. You may want to post a pic if you have it.

On the truck. I'd look at 5 ton expando vans too. A couple just sold on GL for $5 to $8K.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clark Truck Parts stuff is 100% good to go, and they give you a warrantee on it.
They are good people, I would reccomend them to anyone who doesnt want an "El Cheapo" special....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks