• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NH 250 oil leak

925A1

Hello, new on the site. I have a M925A1 1986 NH 250 Cummins. This truck was listed as F7 but when I picked it up it was stamped F9, bummer. The engine runs very good. 7032 miles 320 hours. I have engine oil under pressure, draining the crank case and purging from the coolant overflow tank. I pulled the oil cooler that had been replaced by military. the rear O ring retainer plate was not installed and the O ring was leaking. I cleaned the cooling system and the engine oil system. installed both O rings and retainer plates. I installed the retainer plates in the direction that the front plate was removed. With the beveled cup in toward the O ring. I was not sure about that direction as there is little contact on the O ring. I fired up and engine oil purged right away from the coolant tank. If anyone could give me details on the proper installation of the O ring retainers or has a opinion of a pressure point failure please advise.

Thanks,

Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i am not much sure about what the actual problem is but i would suggest you to have your car with you to service station
there i something wrong going with coolant

Where is Dell's emotioncon?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks