• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No engine to bell housing support?

welpro222

Do the CUCV not come with the support rods that go from the engine mount to the torque converter cover? Mine do not have them and there is no provisions for them on the engine mounts?

welpro222

I feel they r need, I had the trans to engine bolts come loose on my k5 years ago. If the support rods were not there, it would have for sure cracked the bell housing or worse.

sweetk30

find the civi parts and add them .

the motor side is just a plate between the mount and block .

as long as the tranny has the 6 bolt aluminum convertor cover with the 2 bolt hole bosses on it .

Hasdrubal

Mine didn't have them either. Was told they are necessary along with the long support rod that goes to side of transfer case. Figured the Military didn't spec them to save a few dollars. Sourced the pieces at a wrecker, there are a few different sizes out there. So had to modify the two bell housing rods. Pics ;

Attachments