• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No of cylinders M818

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before the M880 series came out in 1975, the only wheeled military vehicle that had 8 cylinders (that was common, anyways) was the M123/M125 series of 10-tons. All the rest of the trucks had 6 cylinders.

Michael

I thought it was 6, but I wasn't 100%, put it on a government form for sure it was 6, so I thought I would ask. :)

Blake

cylinders

Have you picked it up yet? I am shocked someone would buy something and have to post a question on how many cylinders it has....

alphadeltaromeo

RE: cylinders

...he wasn't firing on all...oh never mind LOL Just messing, because, quite frankly, I wasn't aware of how many it had and didn't really care when I won my bid for the M818. I'm picking mine up in a few weeks...but I'll know now that it has 6 *grin*.

Michael

RE: cylinders

I picked it and one other up last Friday. It was such an ordeal I am just now starting to get over it. I will post the story and the pictures soon.

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Cylinders

actually,16 if you count the wiper motors and air compressor......17 if you have a double pumper compressor.oh,the Cylinder for the power steering too...17/18....

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was offline when this thread started. If I had seen it early enough, I would have gone out to count the spark plug wires to see how many cylinders the NHC250 has :wink: .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks