• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ODD turbo engine

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I am just wandering around and found this engine for sale on GP, what is odd is it has a tap for manifold pressure with a tube going somewhere and appears to have 8 EGT thermocouples, one for each cylinder.
odd.jpg
Any clue what application this was used in?

Action

Dont know what for, but it looks like it has sat outside in the rain with the hose on turbo inlet wide open....
That could be antifreeze in the bottom of container, but antifreeze probably wouldnt be on the supports near side of box.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dont know what for, but it looks like it has sat outside in the rain with the hose on turbo inlet wide open....
That could be antifreeze in the bottom of container, but antifreeze probably wouldnt be on the supports near side of box.
Yes it looks like possibly just junk, just like most of what I see in the containers.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For sure it’s junk but that won’t stop someone from paying $3500 for it …
Well it is a GEP so unless it has a hole in the block or something similar it does have a good core value, not $3500 though, I was not interested in buying it, I am interested in why it was set up as it is...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks