• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Cooler Cover, Heads Up!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Was working on sgtrisk's Deuce this morning to replace the oil cooler cover with a hole in it. Decided to take a cover off another motor (LDT-465-1D) and found this:

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
On both covers, the corrosion formed at the top of the cover, possibly where an airpocket existed. I'm going to check the rest of my trucks for oxidation bubbling up on the top outside of the cooler cover. . .

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Short of replacing the cover, any ideas on repairing the one with the smaller holes? Is this cover pot metal or aluminium?

JB weld. . .? :twisted:

Clay James

Digging up an old thread here but I have a hairline crack on mine in the same spot yours show corrosion. Where could I find one of these covers and the gasket? Looks like a pretty easy fix.

renovate7

When I bought my A2 several years ago the cover had a big hole but it was on the bottom. The studs were so rusted they were breaking off, D*MN!. I had to remove the whole filter base, the part this bolts, to from the engine. I wasn't able to drill out the studs successfully and got so ticked I ordered a reman base from Memphis. Some where there is a thread from this with pictures of the base removed from the engine. Lot of fun getting to those nuts on the back side. It's even more fun putting it all back together with Permatex on everything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks