• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leak at back of block

panzerjunky

Hello again Gents and thanks for all your help in the past got another leak question posted seperatly so I can find it later.

I have a small leak comming from the rear of my block right where the head meets the block. right at the back between the block and the fire wall. I am guessing head gasket but I have no coolant leakage that I can see. I will soon be pulling my radiator (next post) for some small repairs so I can check for oil in the coolant.

1st can I re tourqe the rear head bolts and see if that stops it or should I plan on replacing head gaskets.

What is the tourqe value on head bolts where do I find the nifty little wrench for this job.
lastly is there play by play instructions on this site anywhere like the ones the fella did on the axle seal job.

I am not planning on redecking anything just install the gasket reasemble and go or do you advise having the heads milled if so do we have to readjust valves?
Thanks Jerry

hole

To my knowledge you cant re-torque the head bolts. Mine seeps the same way. I was told that a small amount of seepage is ok. You know Jerry, if you fix all the oil leaks how will you know when its out of oil:wink:. You still coming next month?

panzerjunky

Hello Will
Thanks for the info what do you torque the head bolts to. Thats funny well if I do get all the leaks fixed I guess i will have to learn to read a dipstick But hey Im just a dumb plumber that might be a stretch.
And Yes I am planning on going I will give you a call to firm up details.
Thanks Jerry

Mark2X2

This has nothing to do with the Deuce engine.
Good friend of my Dad's has always had Detroit diesels in equipment. His Nephew asked him
"Uncle Gordie if you painted a big chunk of cast iron Detroit green, would it leak oil?"
Mark
M35A2 Deuce
M105A2 Trailer
M101A1 Trailer
3) Rokons

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks