• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OKC to GA Rally

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings folks. Warthog, has stepped up and offered me the back 10% of an 80s Suburban. Basically what this is, is the back part of the burb with the panel doors. If anyone is passing through OKC and can get this to the GA Rally or to someone going to the GA Rally, I would greatly appreciate and be indebted to you. It's a sizable piece so it won't fit in the back of a car but it would fit standing up, in a pickup truck. Any help is certainly appreciated.

Barrman

So that is why you were wondering if I was coming to the Rally. I get it. I thought you guys wanted my company.

Did he chase down that single axle trailer pulling a barn door Suburban to get it you think?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny Sir. It was that pic that prompted me to announce I needed the last 10%. I don't know why I'm having such a problem finding one local. OH well. BTW, it would be nice if you came to the rally. The last time you came the rally was in its infancy and you were only there for 8 minutes. Then again I can understand why someone wouldn't want to come. If they came and experienced it, they would have to return each year. It's a tough rally to quit.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Oh man! Tim, you bringing Kwai or Sermis too?! Its been a while since I've seen you guys. You will REALLY have a good time, the grounds and the folks that run D-town are TOP-NOTCH.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh man! Tim, you bringing Kwai or Sermis too?! Its been a while since I've seen you guys. You will REALLY have a good time, the grounds and the folks that ran D-town are TOP-NOTCH.
If the 3 of you came and stayed for 2 days, I'd bet a steak dinner that at least 2 of you would return the following year. GA Rally is one of those "Must Do" ventures.

Barrman

We were there for 18 hours. Heck, we even had our cots set up in Mike's parking area before you got there.

Seriously, I would love to attend again. Colton is starting school football tomorrow with 7th grade. That means every week day between now and November is spoken for. The heat makes October, November, February and March just about the only months to do out door activities around here. Which means my Scouts have me busy all of those months as well. The next free Saturday i know I have for sure is December 10. That will probably change as we get closer.

Sermis is in pretty much the same boat with his boys of the same age.

Except for a spur of the moment all the pieces fit thing. We are pretty much home locked for the next 5-6 school years. Sorry.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Understood. For the last 3 weeks my 9 yr old has been at football practice 6 days a week. That came to a halt Friday when he had a buckle fracture to his wrist screwing around in the yard. Oh well, back to Karate 6 days a week. LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks