• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Over speeding generator

MiseryMachinery

Is there a way to get transmission to shift without running up the rpm with the pto engaged? My m944a1 has a Pto driven generator, it operates at 1150 or so rpm in 5th gear. So far the only way I have found this to work is to run it up to about 2000 and then back it down. The only problem with this is when you over speed the generator it has an over frequency relay in it that is hooked to the fuel shut off solenoid , so unless you disable this it kills the engine. I'd like to be able to run it without disabling this. I haven't been able to find an operators manual for this model so any help would be appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks