• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

p.s. pump and hydraboost

spoort1

Well after picking up my M1008 earlier this month and replacing all 8 glowplugs she fired up fine and I found that the power steering pump wasnt working. Fine.. I replaced it with a used one off another m1008. Everything worked after I bled the system and started to drive it. I noticed the brakes seemed to grab at first and were returning slow. I figured the hydraboost was going bad. I drove it for about 15-20 min. and then the p.s. pump took a dump and I was back to square one. I read up on the TM and it said if brake fluid got into the p.s. lines it could make the p.s. seals fail on the pump. Chalk it up as a learning experience I guess. Once that is finished I will tackle the starter which has a loose silenoid and I think is draining my batteries.

Mudstone

i had a leaking hydrobooster and just replaced that... what exactly is going on when you say the ps pump is "taking a dump"? mine leaks all to **** but still has the pressure to push everything.

scrambled

I had a 6.2 that did the same thing. There was not enough pressure coming out of the pump. When I would hit the brakes, I would lose all assist to the steering. I relaced the pump and reservoir with one from the zone. my reservoir was so beaten by a kid with a ball peen hammer that it wouldn't seal up against a new pump. Once the new pump was in, it was awesome. you should not have brake fluid in the powersteering system. The two cannot intermix without operator error. Brake fluid will cause the orings and seals to swell and pop.

Brake fluid can also be sprayed on a clutch disk to get a little more grab to get you home in a pinch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks