• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint Help Needed Urgently!!!!!

jpinst

Hi, I am trying to order non-CARC paints for my M35A3. I am ordering from Milspray. They have everything in non-CARC COlors, but I can not figure out what colors I need and neither can they (or they dont want to risk being wrong)

www.milspray.com

The truck was former NC ANG, but I dont think it is paint Air Force colors. I am thinking its more Army Colors.

I was suggested to me that I just buy all the Marine colors and screw it, and just repaint in Marine color scheme.

PLEASE! What colors do you see on my truck. Please have a look at the milspray site. Its divided into service branches.

Thanks in advance!!

Here is the truck again: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Attachments

jpinst

update question: Although the Army and the Marines might use slightly different colors on their M35 paint jobs, would the camouflaged pattern be the same?

Thanks

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First, the Army, USAF, and USMC all use the same 3 color woodland pattern and colors for modern vehicles.. The colors you need are: 383 CARC Green, 383 CARC Brown, and 383 CARC Black. If you look carefully at the site, you'll see 90% of the listings are all the same for the 3 branches..

jpinst

Thanks!!! SO if I understand you correctly, if I were to repaint the vehicle exactly how it is painted now ,with the same colors, only the unit or other identifying markings ie "US ARMY" would differentiate it from another services' identical truck?

FreightTrain

Banned
oh,don't just expect to touch up chips and scratchs.The paint will NOT match!Doesn't matter if you painted the truck from a 55 gallon drum of paint and came back 5 years and used the exact same 55 gallon drum.CARC fades pretty fast but evenly.Fresh the green is greener and the brown is a little darker.THe black is a REAL black and fades to a softer dark dark grey color.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto to what FT said. Once woodland CARC colors are exposed to the sun, it starts to fade. Thats just the way it is.. Tan CARC seems NOT to fade as much. The fade is also a part of the reason you see so many woodland CARC pattern trucks in shades of the same colors...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why piece by piece? The contrators paint EVERYTHING with the base color of green, and then paint on top of the green the brown and black. Tape off the glass/reflectors etc, and have at it with the green.
Powerwash the existing paint to get oil/dirt off first though...

jpinst

RE: repainting

Thanks guys, you have been a big help. Seems the salespeople at Milspray know less than you.

BTW, did you paint it outdoors? I was thinking that would work on a calm day. What do you think?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I did mine with a rattle can and still do. Actually, I think yours looks fine as is. I wouldn't do anything to it. Astiff brush will take most of the GL chalk/crayon off. Just run it.

jpinst

I agree. Just gonna tune it up this weekend and get going...but it has a couple of serious rust spots that are going to burn through something if I dont act soon. Must have been in the rain a lot.

davidkroberts

i did mine in the back yard and if i remember right it wasnt even that calm of a day. I bought the two gun value pack at the tractor supply store so i could freehand the camo with the little one. For the olive green i used rattlecan camo green from walmart. I used duckboat paint from the hardware store at 15.00 a gallon which gave a good nonglare dull finish and the color was exactly CARC tan just allot cheaper. For the truck bed, fenderwells, and interior floor im using duckboat nonskid camo paint from Cabelas.

Just coat the whole thing in green let it dry tacky or better before covering and highlighting with the brown and black. Dont worry it couldnt be easier. remember hung over 20 year old privates do this everyday. The more little mistakes you make the more correct it will be. Im not sure about the rust issue you may have to KILZ it. My trucks aluminum so that is one problem they never have.

Cdub

While we're talking about CARC........what can it be reduced with........or do you shot it straight out of the can....???

Thanks,

C'dub

davidkroberts

If i remember right Cdub the last time this came up in the forum it says what to cut it with on the can when you buy it and in what amount. Im pretty sure it isnt shot straight although my paint was

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Sarge

jpinst, if you have the time, read this topic:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/module...NphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=14576&highlight=M820
Because I'm a numbnuts, I don't know how to post a link correctly, but I think if you cut and paste the one above will get you there.
It's all about how to paint a truck 3 color camo. Well, truthfully, it's all about how Sarge paints a truck 3 color camo.
I didn't get the name 'Sarge' by working in a 7-11. Although it's truly amazing how many ex Navy SEALS work at 7-11. Yeah, and if you believe them......
-Sarge

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks