• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parade Tops

Tackettr

Anyone know if someone makes a cover for the back with no sides? I know I could roll the sides up but I would rather have a top with no sides. Also, want it to be military looking, not a blue tarp from Wal-Mart. I have to keep my passengers cool during the parade! :D Surely I'm not the first to want something like this. :D

Don't know if there are any large lakes in your area, but boat shops around here can do custom canvas work. Just take them in the material (old gp medium tent comes to mind) and the dimensions, voila, instant jungle roll without the roll.

For another shade idea, we've found that camo netting actually provides quite a bit of shade while still letting a lot of air through. That could be zip tied to the bows to make sure it stays put.

FrankUSMC

A guy here did this. He got a canvas shop to make him a summer top that attached to the windshield, it went across his cab bows, and across the bed bows and was strapped down at the rear of the truck.
It looked very good, it did shade his passengers, but also, it was easy for one person to put on, and was not that heavy.
He had his made of od canvas also, so it looked not out of place.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

nattieleather

You could contact the canvas makers like WeeBee Webbing, Beachworks or even New Life and talk to them about making one that would do what you want it to do. It would have to have the buckles on it so you can anchor it down to the bows.

steelandcanvas

nattieleather said:
You could contact the canvas makers like WeeBee Webbing, Beachworks or even New Life and talk to them about making one that would do what you want it to do. It would have to have the buckles on it so you can anchor it down to the bows.
I don't think WeeBee Webbing does cargo canvas, just the smaller items, winch covers, canvas doors, cab tops, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks