• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pattern or dimensions for hole in fender

rflegal

Hi guys,

I am wanting to run exhaust on my M36 through the passenger's side fender and up as is traditional, rather than along the frame and out the
back as it is now.

Did a search but came up empty on a pattern or measurements for placement of the hole in the fender. :???:

Mine is the old style gasser, the one in my avatar.

If someone with a fender lying around could take some pics and/or measurements I sure would be appreciative. :smile:

Thanks and Merry Christmas.:clinto:
Bob

rflegal

That would be way too cool! Thanks for the offer to help. I thought there might be such a thing. Might it be in the TM? Didn't think to look there.

KsM715

Should be pretty easy to find a fender with the cut out in it. Turn around and sell your non cut fender to someone building a custom truck that wants to reroute their exhaust

Take a look at the attached .pdf file.

Page 1:
I scanned in the official instruction sheet that came with the "Clean Air" Turbo Exhaust kit.

Page 2:
I long ago created a 1:1 scale template based on the instruction drawing dimensions on page 1.

I printed this template to scale, (this one is on B-size 11"x 17" paper) and then positioned it on the fender. I poked holes through the template on the centermarks of the big circles and transferred the mark onto the fender. I used a hole saw to cut out the exhaust opening. Then I used the actual two-piece cover flange that comes with the kit to align and mark the mounting holes for the flange bolts.

Verify and double check your layout before cutting.

View attachment Clean Air - Turbo Upgrade - Exhaust Kit Instructions.pdf

rflegal

Fantastic! You are my hero sir! :clinto:
This is exactly what I was looking for.
Helps if you use the right search terms: I was searching "exhaust hole" not "exhaust cut out". Duh - on my part.
Thanks so much.
Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks