• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Peppy Deuce

Josh

I wish mine would run this good.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8pth9G0UT4[/media]

Time to get a pyro and mess with the smoke screw.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Firstly it's refreshing to see someone who is actually skilled at wheeling the deuce! Second, did anyone notice the winch leader chain dangling under the truck on the first obstacle? Always keep a short bungee cord to secure that chain when bouncing around on the trail. She sounds great out there on the trail.

jwaller

shows about how crappy the stock tires are. makes me wish he had something decent and could show how good the truck could be.

stumps

The NDT tires were staying pretty clean, I think his difficulty was more in that he was running empty.

-Chuck

LovinPSDs

Thanks for the link.. makes me want one even more! If you guys use yours offroad how much more maintenance on the axles and stuff do you do?

kadetklapp

Wow, I love the visor with the DOT lights and the tints.

Is anyone else concerned that revving an old Hercules diesel that hard would be an invitation for blowing a turbo or worse, throwing a rod?

stumps

Wow, I love the visor with the DOT lights and the tints.

Is anyone else concerned that revving an old Hercules diesel that hard would be an invitation for blowing a turbo or worse, throwing a rod?
If the IP and its governor are set up right, the engine shouldn't be able to hurt itself at full throttle... even with no load.

Shouldn't and couldn't are not necessarily the same thing, though....

-Chuck

Loco_Hosa

If the IP and its governor are set up right, the engine shouldn't be able to hurt itself at full throttle... even with no load.

Shouldn't and couldn't are not necessarily the same thing, though....

-Chuck
Excuse my ignorance, how on earth does a governor on a diesel work?

I saw the vid and also thought he was revving the crud out of it, but I have VERY limited experience with one of these.

Josh

Excuse my ignorance, how on earth does a governor on a diesel work?

I saw the vid and also thought he was revving the crud out of it, but I have VERY limited experience with one of these.

Basicly the govener will engage and cut off fuel when a certan RPM is hit. It is ajustable, but making it rev higher will only cause problems. But on how it works in the paticular engines, I would say centrifical force, but I am unsure.

At first in that video when he was on the hill the motor would slow down then rev up, I thought he was clutching it, but I think he was bouncing off the govener.

91W350

Nice polished chrome stack too! That really looks out of place! It sure sounds sweet, I feel sorry for the guy in his pickup or Jeep that unsuspectingly drives off into those ruts. Glen

Gunfreak25

I saw both of this guys video's a few days ago myself. Personally, I think that is a lot of unnecessary wear and tear. Between the bouncing off the governor and that thick black smoke pouring from the stack I think one of these days his rod is going to blow him a new air intake in his hood.