• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please welcome "wreckclues" to Steel Soldiers .. His very first 6x6 is enroute today and he has a lot of work to do

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 880694

Welcome Wreckclues by clicking this name link , or right in this post, either way i suppose
Welcome to the Outfit @Wreckclues !

Need to give you the standard speech about using the TM's (Technical Manuals) and that they are freely posted here. Since your New-To-You truck is a M813, the books you want are called the M809 Series books. Link for them is below:

As for the rest of the welcome letter :) I gotta say we are a bunch of picture hounds around here... You need to be snapping pictures and I'd bet that @msgjd will be more than happy to help you setup a thread for your truck. It will surprise you what a difference you will see in just a month or so as you turn wrenches and scrape rust and paint parts.

Again, Welcome to the group!

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi - welcome to the club!

I'm extremely biased but I think the M813 is the cat's minge! They're well built and there's good reason the military extended their service life from 20 years to 40 years.

3 things to be aware of:

1. Be careful rolling backwards by pushing in the clutch. If you want to roll backwards by pushing in the clutch the transmission must be in reverse beforehand and if you want to roll forward the tranny should be in neutral or a forward gear. (This is to keep the t-case sprag from binding)

2. To shut truck off first shut off the engine run switch and then when the engine stops shut off the battery switch. Killing the battery switch first with the engine running can fry the alternator.

3. If you pull the emergency fuel cutoff cable you have to manually reset that valve under the hood.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks