• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plumber's tape - radiator replacement

DanzboysM1009

I'm replacing my radiator this weekend and wondered if it would be a good idea to place plumber's tape on the threads for the fittings going into the radiator? I had seen the suggestion before, but thought that with the heat of the motor it would just melt and possibly leak. Anyone have any experience?

LCDR Dan

jstier

Telfon tape or plumbers tape. Isn't really a true thead sealer. All it does is bind up the threads. Dupont who makes teflon will not allow its use in there plant as a thread sealer. Your best bet is a liquid thread sealer with tefoln. The teflon is used to lubrcate the tread and the sealer will unitize the assembly. I always use Loctite on everything. Loctite 565 would be a great chioce.

Jeff
Fort Wayne IN

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks