• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power Switch does a 360

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The power switch on my, soon to be, deuce does a complete 360 degree spin. Has this happened to anyone else? Any fix for it?

davidkroberts

to be clear is it the handle of the switch or the switch itself that is turning? is the entire switch assembly rotating in the hole in the dash until the wiring behind it stops it, or is the part you turn that rotating on the shaft of the switch but the switch is securely mounted?

Either way, you probably need another switch, this might be a good time to get a keyed ignition switch. I think beechwood canvas had some. Beats having to chain the wheel and remove the batteries to keep joyriders away.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
to be clear is it the handle of the switch or the switch itself that is turning? is the entire switch assembly rotating in the hole in the dash until the wiring behind it stops it, or is the part you turn that rotating on the shaft of the switch but the switch is securely mounted?

Either way, you probably need another switch, this might be a good time to get a keyed ignition switch. I think beechwood canvas had some. Beats having to chain the wheel and remove the batteries to keep joyriders away.
By what I was told it was the actual lever not the whole switch. I'll look into it.

Last edited:

davidkroberts

if the lever is the only thing going around you might be able to just push it in and use it normally, my M715 has done that since ive owned it. never got around to fixing it. I figured between that and the floor starter which one like 1 in 30 people would even recognize it keeps the wife from hiding it when im deployed....lol