• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pre-Trip Inspections

DanDan

Hello All:

I just wanted to offer some assistance with regards to what you need to check on your vehicle (any vehicle) before you head out for a ride. There may be some regulatory differences between jurisdictions but here is the enforced standard from CVSA:

LEVEL I North American Standard Inspection – An inspection that includes examination of driver’s license; medical examiner’s certificate and Skill Performance Evaluation (SPE) Certificate (if applicable); alcohol and drugs; driver’s record of duty status as required; hours of service; seat belt; vehicle inspection report(s) (if applicable); brake systems; coupling devices; exhaust systems; frames; fuel systems; lighting devices (headlamps, tail lamps, stop lamps, turn signals and lamps/flags on projecting loads); securement of cargo; steering mechanisms; suspensions; tires; van and open-top trailer bodies; wheels, rims and hubs; windshield wipers; emergency exits and/or electrical cables and systems in engine and battery compartments (buses), and HM/DG requirements as applicable. HM/DG required inspection items will be inspected by certified HM/DG inspectors.

And remember this is the minimum.

Cheers,

Dan.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a pretty thorough list. Great list for a quick check, thank you. Good to see safety coming from a neighbour.

We, Alberta commercial folk, are required to perform a documented daily inspection if traveling beyond 160km from our home base.
Just to add to the list, Commercial always looks for a:

Fire extinguisher.....inspected monthly/ tagged, maintained by a pro yearly and documented.
First Aid Kit
Flares

........and I like to carry them because I often need a first aid kit after putting out the fire that caused me to break down.:D