• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with the transmission after changing the regulator?

ZekeAnderson

Hi,

I had an issue with the power draining on the 12v alternator tap and decided to change it to a brand new one I buyed on ebay. I disconected the batteries and did the swap. When I fired up the truck it made the alternator smoke so I turned off the truck immediately. I did some measuring and found out the 12v tap was charging with 24v for some kind of weird reason. After that I changed back to the old alternator and just unplugges the batteries when I park the hmmwv, i know it is not a optimal..

After this I did get two fault codes on the hmmwvs transmission DTC 86 and DTC 87 when parked, after a test run I also get DTC68 Transmission Components slipping. I have tried to reset the fault codes and tried to change filter and fluid in the transmission

I am worried that the alternator change made have damaged the TCM or other components working with the transmission that use 12v

Any tips or ideas?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks