• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proper way to tie down cargo cover etc?

cbvet

Does anyone know where I might find instructions on the proper military tie-down of cargo covers & end flaps on a Deuce?
Must be a manual somewhere.
Thanks,
Eric

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric, there is a section in the back of the -10 detailing add on kits such as heaters and a-frames. The bow and tarp is considered an add on kit and the instructions are in there.

Jones

Look in the Tech Articles section; I just submitted a detailed instruction page on the way the cargo cover tie downs are supposed to be secured. Hope that does you some good.

rmgill

Interestingly enough, the new cargo covers aren't quite covered by the TMs in terms of how they attach and go on. Some things like the extra flap on the cab cover are odd and unclear in terms of how it's installed. The cargo cover is pretty straightforward. It does help that it doesn't have a front/back direction.

Brad900

RMGILL,

I have a new cargo cover & it does have a front/back direction. I could never find any info on how to secure the front or how it secures to the bows, so I just guessed. Securing the sides & the back are straight forward.

Brad

rmgill

You know, you're right, it does have a front and back. I'm not sure why I thought that. As far as I know, it doesn't secure to the bows except for at the front and back at the top of the bows. Teh front, now that I think of it, wraps around the sides and provides a pretty good wind/rain seal when moving forwards. The two straps on the front holding it down on the front of the cargo body.

Brad900

On the angled part of the bows is a strap that hooks through the cover. This is for when the sides are rolled up. I just tied it up the best I can but I wouldn't drive too far with the sides rolled up becuase it just doesn't seem right & hold the cover down good.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll pay retail, but GMA Cover Corp. has those items. I've bought M105 camo vinyl covers from them and I love mine. As far as I know, I've never seen camo vinyl M105 cargo covers for sale surplus. The only thing to keep in mind is the M105 covers DO NOT have those nice rubberized ropes. It seems GMA adheres to mil specifications and the military specified ropes, not the rubberized kind. You can get an M105 cover with the rubberized ropes, but they only come on the camo/tan reversible top and that one is pricey!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks