• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Qs about Bosch PSB-6a

JuicyDeuce

I've searched some but can't find where there is a surplus store to buy a pump.

Also, is there a primer on the IP, because i'm getting fuel to the IP but its not wanting to start and run. i don't want to use ether to get it to run, what kind of problems might i be running into?

Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How long have you had the pump/truck? Lots of help available here on the site to assist with some simple trouble shooting. The intank pump will prime the system(5-ish psi), the IP has a booster pump on it(I think 50-80 psi). Somewhere in the head it goes WAY up to pop open an injector. Sometimes the plunger in the head gets stuck and needs a light tapping to get working again. Lots of people say the hydraulic head is all that needs replaced if your pump stops working.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also check that the shut down lever under the cover on the side is not stuck in the zero delivery position.

JuicyDeuce

How long have you had the pump/truck? Lots of help available here on the site to assist with some simple trouble shooting. The intank pump will prime the system(5-ish psi), the IP has a booster pump on it(I think 50-80 psi). Somewhere in the head it goes WAY up to pop open an injector. Sometimes the plunger in the head gets stuck and needs a light tapping to get working again. Lots of people say the hydraulic head is all that needs replaced if your pump stops working.
i've had the truck for about two weeks...it sat for two months after it quit running, before that it ran perfectly.

Where is the plunger you are referring too? And the hydraulic head?

I'm going to keep searching for a diagram of the pump, the only thing i have is the print out of hte trouble shooting manual for the LDS465.

JuicyDeuce

Updates!!!

Ok after a few days of reading and searching, the list of things i checked are below and work fine.
- Plunger in the head is moving without a problem.
- fuel cut off rod/assembly is working perfectly
-The injection pump is getting fuel to it and from the return lines.

Now what i did find out is i took the hose off the in tank fuel pump and put my finger over it.... lots of volume no pressure... So...
I bought an inline diesel fuel pump from O-reillys and hooked it up to batterys and ran the existing intank pump and in line pump and had great pressure... The pump i bought was listed for 4-7psi. Not sure if for 24volts though....didn't think about that at the time but it was spinning something fierce when i hooked it up to 24v.

Hooked everything up shot a quick spurt of ether and it still wouldn't fire off, now i didn't spin it over for very long because it was getting late, so possibly there was air in the system still and the batterys were running dead.

ALTHOUGH, i am getting some puffs of black smoke when its turning over now unlike before and i'm starting to smell sulfur.

What does it mean when the bottom falls out/off?

What do you guys think I should do next?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you pull the intake pump out of the tank, the bottom of the pump sometimes falls off. Just pick up all the pieces and put it back together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks