• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about my M1009

top_prop

Thanks for the reply needed that confirmation :-o

You probably already know this.... but I'm going to post it anyways... Remember you only need to do the doghead on a truck with the standard 24v starter.... if yours has been converted to 12v, you don't need a new relay... you can just bypass it as it is how the stock 12v ignition switch controls the 24v starter/solenoid...

The way to know for sure is to put a volt meter on the big red lead running to the starter and see what voltage it has to ground.

Tom

HikerMan

Repainted Black paint, bumpers, and wheels

Plenty of overspray but hey I am not perfect and I kinda like how it looks from a distance. Eventually I am gonna shoot the whole thing with OD green 383 Rapco when funds allow

Also did the doghead starter relay mod, it works like a charm

Cleaned up the wiring as well, there were 24v on an open wire in the cab :shock::evil: Glad thats taken care of

Now off to find a spare tire...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks