• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear diff

fredrader

Yes it should have what is called a "Gov-Lok" which is supposed to make both wheels pull like a locker but they don't work very good..Most of the time you have to spin one wheel pretty quick before the other wheel lock in and starts pulling..

jag7720

So that explains why mine is acting like an open diff when I am in 2-hi on snow.

Does it "slam" into the locked position when the centrifugal tendencies take over? Or is it a gradual "clutch" effect?

AJMBLAZER

If it's slamming in then you need to start shopping for either a better geared set of axles or another 3.08 geared 10 bolt.

jholler

I got sorta high centered the other day, ruts were overgrown on a goat trail I was driving, and all of a sudden my right side tires were spinning in the air, the pumpkin was buried 3-4" in the dirt, and the left tires started digging holes. (34" Super Swampers dig nicely, btw.) Took an F350 with a 10ton winch to pull me back to where the tires could grab.:oops: That 10K pound strap in the pic didn't last long...

Attachments

Last edited:

emr

Just sayin, if U pulled from the pintle U would have more pull power straight back, it had to lose some umph pulling the truck to one side on that hook up,, every little bit helps in a situation like that... getting stuck is part of the game though, and makes for good storys... :)

jholler

Yeah, we were just tryin stuff until the winch showed up...the thought was if he could pull me up to one side, my tires might get a grip and pull themselves out. What you DON'T see on the other end of that too-small tow strap is a 2wd toyota...I'm kinda glad he couldn't pull me, that woulda been awkward.:oops:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks