• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rifle Holder

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
NickD has a great one in his duece it has a bracket on the dash that brings the clamp out away from the dash and it fits really nice just to the right of the shifter. That bracket is not in the kit shown in the web site you listed.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anybody needs the bracket that goes on the dash that pulls the mounts tward the pass side. I have one it's NOS and free just pay shipping. I mount mine by the doors and don't need it.

FrankUSMC

Manstien
go to armysurpluswarehouse.com they have the douple rifle holder for 9.95, with the bracket that Ken is talking about. It is two rifle holders, a super deal, why pay douple for one? I have bought several of the kits from them. They are very friendly to deal with.
One of the few, Frank

littlebob

I'd have to look at my receipts, but I think I got mine from Saturn. I also saw that Colemans had them on thier site yesterday pretty cheap. Haven't had a chance to mount yet, but the one I bought had instructions for the Deuce and other model vehcles.
littlebob

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ken said:
If anybody needs the bracket that goes on the dash that pulls the mounts tward the pass side. I have one it's NOS and free just pay shipping. I mount mine by the doors and don't need it.
Do you have a picture of this rifle mounting by the doors? It's very interesting!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got 2 from army surplus warehouse for under 10$ each. Easy bolt in and the cheapest around.

ida34

OPCOM said:
ken said:
Do you have a picture of this rifle mounting by the doors? It's very interesting!
We used to just point the muzzle of the rifle toward the floor and hang the carrying handle off the hinge clamp for the fold out windshield. It will work for an M16 but not an M14. I still have to put my kit in. I plan on putting a 3 inch piece of PVC with a capped bottom in the holder then use it for a cup holder.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll get you some pics. They are mounted with the but stock on the floor and the barrel clamp on the dash. They are very close to the doors. The only bad part about mounting them there is catching you legs on the rifle when entering or exiting the truck.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hardware, including the "door handle" shown in this TM picture was in the cab of the xm757 when I got it, since I didn't recognize the pieces as something belonging to the truck I put them away. They may even have been tossed in the trash. aua
The rifle butt support is still here, though...

I'm hoping that the parts are still around, but nothing else will be tossed away, for sure.

Attachments

Billy Bobbed

I'm looking into the m16 dash gun mount but not having alot of luck finding pictures with the rifles that you are using,I know not real ones.And do you
keep them in your truck all the time or just during shows.

Last edited:

rlwm211

I have one of the rifle mount kits installed in my deuce for the M151 and the M16/M14 and my M1 carbine fits it fine. So does my 10/22.

Hope this helps

Rustygears

Rifle Holder in an M35? That's what Soldier 'B' is for :smile: Also holds my coffee as a stabilized platform - no spills with driving thrills.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking into the m16 dash gun mount but not having alot of luck finding pictures with the rifles that you are using,I know not real ones.And do you
keep them in your truck all the time or just during shows.
They all fit. M-16/Ar-15, M1A/M-14, M1 Garand, etc....

91W350

Mine had two in it when I recovered it. One on top of the transmission hump and one on the floor. I can snap some photos if you would like. The uppers are staggered on the dash. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks