• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seals in wheels? M923a1

thegreydog

O-Rings for 20 inch wheels, M923a1

I need to get my front tire Michelin 16.00r20 replaced. The guy at the tire shop said there was a seal in the wheels. This is a front tire and a middle one. Does anyone know what seals he is talking about and where I can get them?

Last edited:

thegreydog

Major brain fart. That's what I was trying to say. Do these need to be changed every time the tires are changed? To rephrase, does anyone know where I can find o-ring for 20 inch wheels on m923a1?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
militarytrucks.com is a vendor on here out of central Texas that lists them on their website.

RustyM923

TM9-2320-272-24-2 shows in section 3-221 (page 3-631) that you're supposed to discard the O-ring each time you dismount the tire from the wheel.

It's cheap insurance against leaks.

thegreydog

Thanks! Now. Do I get the 1/4 or 3/8? My front wheel does not look the same as the one in the manual. I have tried to post pic of wheels but am having no luck.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check Erik's Parts, he has the correct o ring in stock and use Dow Corning o ring lube, works real well.
JC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks