• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seven Months to Mechanical Heaven

dabtl

I got a w/w deuce in OKC in July. Got it home on a trailer. No lights. Pintle hook driven in some four inches. No tach. No horn. Bent front fender. Large dent in cowl on driver side.

With cranetruck's help the electrical came around in a few weeks. Hunting shorts has never been this much fun.:x Finally, all lights working.

Tachometer drive broken. A working unit from cranetruck, along with a flasher protector, and a couple of days figuring out how to make it go back together and now the tach works.

Replaced the rear cross member. Pintle now in good shape.

Horn required rewiring all the way from the button to the solenoid. Fixed.

With the help of the hydraulic ram kit from Northern Tool, all the dents now in good order.

Along the way I replaced the troop seats, painted the interior of the bed and put new lens on the brake and marker lights and replaced the old stop switch with the upgrade. With jatonka spin on oil and fuel filters, the maintenance is easier now.

Back to work on the M135. :grin:

dabtl

Sorry, no pics. It is one of those incremental things. You do a little every Saturday, some more on Sunday, wait for warm weather and finally it all comes together.

But, it sure feels good this evening.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks