• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Side view mirror SHAKE????

Drock

When I'm driving down the highway the drivers, side view mirror shakes up and down. All the bolts are tight , I think it's the door skin it's self. Does anybody have an ingenious way of how to fix this?

dependable

There is supposed to be a brace consisting of a bent steel rod with holes in the ends, that goes from the inner door skin to the lower mirror bolt hole. Perhaps yours has come loose or is missing.

cucvrus

Remove your door panel and look. It attaches to the bottom mirror mounting bolt. And I just finished putting them on another truck that was missing the bracket. Do you need a picture?

Hasdrubal

On mine it did that after my mirror was hit and glass broke. Turned out the bolt on inside door panel holding mirror support bracket had snapped off.

Drock

Thanks guy's I fixed it. I took off the door panel and found the bracket laying down at the bottom of the door. Someone must have taken it off and forgot about it. Then they just ran ah random bolt and nut through the bottom hole of the mirror base. Here's ah pic of what the bracket looks like in case anybody needs to know...... Sideview mirror bracket.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Many moons ago I was driving the best 5 ton I ever had in service. I had to drive it to demo, a few miles out the mirror flew off the truck. It was almost like it was rebelling to being turned in.

bamachris

Sometimes the stick on vibration dampers sold for bows will help with a vibrating mirror. Stick it directly on the glass of the mirror and it will "eat" the vibration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks