• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slow Page Loading

grw800

I'm new to this site and have learned much over the past few days. Thanks to all moderators and contributors for a great source of information.
I'm wondering why this site is so slow compared with other similar vBulletin sites. I participate in many automotive forums, and typically new pages will load in less than 3 seconds. On this site pages consistently take around 50 seconds to load. I have a reasonably fast DSL connection (1.5 Mbps download).

KsM715

It was doing that to me the other day but only intermitantly. Usually it runs fine on my cheapo Dell laptop.

grw800

Still no improvement. I had hoped that the problem was just temporary. I've only been visiting this site since last November, so I didn't know what was normal. Pages on this site still take about 50 seconds to load vs. 2-3 seconds on other vBulletin sites. I don't understand why this site should be different.

Crawdaddy

It's something to do with your web browser. I use IE8 both at home and at work. At home, pages load near instantly, and at work, it takes 50+ seconds to load the exact same pages on SS. Not sure why, and I haven't really investigated what causes it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks