• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

small road trip

m880guy

over the weekend i took a small road trip to a very small town north of wausau, i put a ful tank of gas in her, and off i went, i cruised very comfortably at 55 mph or so, now that i have all the major bugs worked out of my truck i very much love it, but ive been thinking of ditching the tank in there and putting a newer tank from a newer dodge, maybe a newer more powerful 318, but for now its a good running work truck that cant be stoped by the loca terrain HA HA

jumpmasterjim

Cool. The 318 is a great engine. I've had a few. One in my 72 charger( I wish I still had that one) and an old Volare station wagon that also had a 3 speed manual transmission. Always ran great. good luck.

m880guy

i found a running 318 for 200 bucks off a buddy, one from the early 80s that puts out about 200 horse or so, i dont know if i want to buy it, if the fuel were cheaper i would look for a cummins but that aint happening, the fuel tank is off another 80's truck, so the mounting brackets should line up on the frame

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks