• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft Top Clips

dwhite3914

Does anyone know where to get the clips that go on the rail above the door? I have some missing and the rest the springs are shot. Thanks in advance!

Dewayne

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have some but there are two different types. One type screws in with threads like a metal screw. The other has threads like a bolt. I'm pretty sure I have both types.

I also have a set of soft top rails since I just added a hard top to my deuce a few weeks ago.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Timely info for me too!

THANKS

Secondary question.....

The soft-top bow over the driver's seat on the ARK occassionally pops out of the windshield frame. It barely pokes into the hole up there. HOW MUCH SHOULD IT PENETRATE THE FRAME:?: If more then just a "centering point", what's the recommended fix:?:

Again.... THANKS

MO MV man

Timely info for me too!

THANKS

Secondary question.....

The soft-top bow over the driver's seat on the ARK occassionally pops out of the windshield frame. It barely pokes into the hole up there. HOW MUCH SHOULD IT PENETRATE THE FRAME:?: If more then just a "centering point", what's the recommended fix:?:

Again.... THANKS
I'm no expert but I did just install my new top last week.

But the front of the bows should be fully engaged in the windshield frame-up to their integral "washers".

I am thinking your tube (back of cab where the bows go into) might be turned too much, causing the front of the bow to go upwards.
I hope that makes sense?

The rear cross tube turns pretty easily......once you break the rust free inside.
The position of the holes in it can control the insertion of the windshield end.

During my top install, I merely spun the rear tube enough that the bows installed fully and in a relaxed position.

Sorry so long.....I hope that makes sense.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Makes good since to me.

I've noticed with alot of softops, if you use the Velcro loops(that hold the top to the 3 support rods), they are not aligned properly and tent to pull the front of the support rods out of the windshield frame.

Try, not using the Velcro loops, see if that helps.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, gentlemen for the input. I've not done much with the softtop yet, just opened/rolled-up the back window :roll:. NONE of the three support rods seems to penetrat the windshield frame very deeply - none go as far as the washer/shoulder. Even when I "hang my weight" on the rods, they don't go into the frame - the rods seem to be too "well endowed" to take the plunge. (maybe some rust up there). Once I roll back the soft top and can get a look-see, I'll know more about THAT. In the meantime, I'll also be checking the rotation of the rear cross-tube "fixture".

Since I've not yet "explored" all the mechanics of the softtop, this is all good info for me.

The assist is much appreciated.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of soft-tops, haven't had much time to play w/ mine yet (focused on the 109 build) but I did notice, the other night when I was sitting in it thinking/dreaming, that there is a sleeve sewn on horizontally, at the height of the cab back.
Not sure if they intended for it to be pulled up above the top of the cab (to keep dust out . . . ok I'm laughing :lol:), or pushed down between the outside of the cab and the end of the top . . . where the rubber rope runs through.
My first soft-top :oops:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks