• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Start relay????

Old Duece

Ok here it is I just got finished replacing both front and rear wiring harnes's on the duece I pulled all the old wiring out and started and by reinstalling it per the SCEMATIC but Im running into a lil problem, a no start. I was looking at the tm and wiring diagrams and i was seeing that there is a magnetic start relay , My truck does not have one. I went and looked at a freinds N/A mulitfuel duece and his has it. So my question is did all dueces come with the magnetic start relay. or was there a cut off?

Old Duece

I should have also added that wire # 10 at the start relay per , is now attached to the starter main positve post since having that hooked there my lights and acc. turn on. so Im must hoping in the morning that its a plug that isnt pushed in all the way.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The deuce I am redoing does not have a start relay on it. The new harness I got is for it will need a relay also.
I have not gotten to the point to try starting it, still just a painted frame.

Let us know how it goes.

I looked at the schematic and it looks like you need to add a #4 size wire and a #14 size wire.

I changed the wiring harness on the deuce I am doing.

Old Duece

I ended up figuring out the problem, it ended up being with wires 74a and 74b on the drivers side upper firewall just connect those, apparently those wire were for a fuel pressure switch on the older gas models, but just connect it to make a straight circuit for 74 and you will have power straight to the starter from the starter switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks