• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter Manual From Delco.

edpdx

I found this today while surfing for remedies to my starter issue. It is a .pdf for the Delco 28MT Gear Reduction Starter. This is the one that many will end up "upgrading" to when they choose to replace, rather than rebuild the current 27MT Direct Drive that was originally installed in the CUCV.

Of special note are the many drawings that come in handy when trying to articulate the problem you are having.

I hope this is useful and can be added to the sticky.
LinK

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good job on bring this back up. [thumbzup]

I have posted the manual a couple of years ago. For some reason I can't find it right now. Whats up with that? Must be old age......

You used to be able to get manuals at the DELCOREMY website but they have taken them offline.

And here is an interesting Service Bulletin about shimming the nose cone.

Attachments

Last edited:

edpdx

Thanks Mr Grinch... I just got back from Oreily's. The guy at the counter was a jerk. I put the starter on the counter and tell him exactly what is happening. I told him I just spoke with Wilson's Tech Support and the fellow there concurred that it sounds like the pinion gear/clutch was shot. He said it is rare; but that it DOES happen. I said I bought it new through O'really 2-3 months ago and he said to haul it in- it is covered by warranty. Back to the counter guy: "Well we'll see... if it tests as broken, we'll send it back; but if it's not- then it is not going back, cause we don't get anything for it." He then starts drilling me on why I didn't buy one from him in the first place... "we stock two different ones for that vehicle"... uhh, yeah.

I can hear the other guy that went off to test it. It winds up then shudders. He does it twice. The bigmouth guy says: "it sounds like it's working..." The other guy comes back and says: "It is no good" and proceeds to order another from Wilson under warranty.

Man I hate dealing with guys that can't handle authority. :rant:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks