• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter support bracket

2deuce

Is this a mlitary part or something modified. I see them mentioned alot here and my starter broke one of its bolts off recently. Where is the best place to get them?

Thanks,
Greg

Jake0147

It's a standard Chevy part that often gets pitched over a novice mechanic's shoulder as it seems pointless, and other starters don't have them.... All the 6.2/6.5 engines used them. Dealers dont' stock them any more, but can get them. Wrecking yards have them. The fella that I take starters and alternators to keeps one on the shelf. It's just a little tiny stamled steel thing that goes from the front end of the starter up to the side of the block.

dependable

A must with non gear reduction starters. Nice for gear reduction to but not required. it is a different part for the gear reduction, and I have never found a source for these. Have converted my 12 vs to gear reduction and they last ok without the part.

Also replace starter bolts,, They often get over torqued when too tight and bent if torqued too loose. The book says to feplace them with new starter.

jaytee

Re: RE: Starter support bracket

Westech said:
you can get them from Checker auto parts or any other place that sells "motormite" help products
I have been looking for this, do you know the part number or what it is called?

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks