• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

steering shaft

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
From what I've heard, you unbolt the box from the shaft and unscrew the two. I have also heard they were never to go back together also. What are you wanting to do?

dwhite3914

thanks for the info.... and the reason for wanting it out is that I'm tearing my truck comppletly down for a sand blast and new coat of paint. with that shaft on it made it very hard to get the cab off. so i want it out for the cab installation. again thanks for the info.

dewayne

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have found it easiest to pull the steering wheel and unbolt the dash part that holds it in place. Also unbolt the box from the frame so it can pivot. With it loose, it will allow you to pull the cab up and off it. Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks