• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Wheel Replacement?

cjm0316

Anyone have an 813 with the big wheel and replaced it with a smaller one? This was asked months ago and got no replies, just thought I would raise the issue again. My 6foot 280# frame does not do well behind the wheel of my new 5ton. Any ideas or suggestions?

Yes, I am on a diet, so we can work past THAT one....

devilman96

I am getting ready for doing the same on my M35... I think your wheel is smaller but is same size shaft and so on... First ya gotta find a wheel ya want and then build an adapter for it using the center out of your old steering wheel.

Not a simple bolt up but not that bad of a project ether... I have a lathe and mill but I am sure you could use common tools to fake it with out much of a fight.

I will post pics of it when I get it done but will proably be 2 - 4 weeks before I have the time to bother with all of the other crap I am trying to re-invent.

devilman96

Been wondering myself since I've done the same... I am TRYING to find a reasonable but good looking 18"... Most of the newer tractors are using those but the aftermarket custom jobbers are outrageously priced ($300). Wheels seem to go from 20-15" with not a lot in between so let me know what ya find.

devilman96

I just went to double check... mines 22"... I went combing through the parking lot at work looking at different sizes and such the other day... Rangers and S10's have a similar cab size and use an 18" wheel... seemed pretty manageable being 4 inches smaller than the one in the truck. A 15 - 16" can be had for 40$, a lot cheaper but I thought the "look" would be to small???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks