• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swapped beds on deuces poor mans way

mrgerke81

I did not have a crane so I had to use the poor man's method of lifting beds off of deuces to swap out. I wanted to post pictures for everyones enjoyment.

Attachments

Last edited:

rwoods

I like the way you counter balanced the tree with a bed on each side. Now help me figure out a poor man's way to lift a hardsided top off a M35 bed that the NG built from osb and wood slats without destroying it.:grd:

rat4spd

You know what's funny? I read the thread title and I said to myself, "What, by hanging it from a tree?" and my gawd, that's just what you did. :wink:

Alredneck

Banned
Ron no offense but if its a home built hardtop why save it?

As for the redneck engineering, I wonder if a deuce bed will make a good counterweight for a catapult!:roll:

rwoods

Ron no offense but if its a home built hardtop why save it?

As for the redneck engineering, I wonder if a deuce bed will make a good counterweight for a catapult!:roll:
Captain, it is tall enough for me to stand up in it, has lights, a hinged door and is covered with a cargo cover with extended canvas. In over words it doesn't look like a home built and it has some functionality for my uses, but it also limits my use. I thought about some old camper jacks but i haven't found any and new one are too expensive. Hope to see you in GA on Sat.

Alredneck

Banned
OH my bad, I thought you were talking about a Cab top, dur, im a lil slow sometimes. Yea we had a couple beds setup like that for storing extra stuff when I was in the Army. Figure it would make a good shack when out driving around.

BugEyeBear

HEY, where did you find that tree that GROWS DEUCE BEDS?!?

I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!

What kind of plant food do you give it to make sure it grows a Camo Drop Side??
& If you pick it too early does it give you an M715 bed??

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job. [thumbzup][thumbzup]
That is good ol' egyptian engineering at its best.
I just wish I had a full size tree like that.
Heck I would like to have any trees period.aua

I am usually jacking things up, building piers out of cinder blocks and spanning distances with sister'd 2x8's. Frankly I am getting tired of moving the cinder blocks around.

One great egyptian type trick is 1-1/4" schedule 40 (thick wall) pvc pipe as rollers.
it will bend, but use it on a flat surface and you will have a roller that can support a couple thousand pounds.

greenjeepster

Captain, it is tall enough for me to stand up in it, has lights, a hinged door and is covered with a cargo cover with extended canvas. In other words it doesn't look like a home built and it has some functionality for my uses, but it also limits my use. I thought about some old camper jacks but i haven't found any and new one are too expensive. Hope to see you in GA on Sat.
In other words it would make a good building to put in the yard and keep a few chickens or maybe a hog in.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HEY, where did you find that tree that GROWS DEUCE BEDS?!?

I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!

What kind of plant food do you give it to make sure it grows a Camo Drop Side??
& If you pick it too early does it give you an M715 bed??

:funny:

Actually, I think if you pick-em before they are ripe, you wind up with a m105 bed and then you have to bob your truck to use it.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I did not have a crane so I had to use the poor man's method of lifting beds off of deuces to swap out. I wanted to post pictures for everyones enjoyment.
good job, welcome to the club( I used 55 gallon drums & hilift the first time I did it)