• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T-827B transmitter/exciter

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a new radio in a roundabout trade this week. This is the transmitter/exciter mate to the R-1051 receiver, which I have one of (I have three more of them for sale), the transmitter is the T-827B. Covers 2-30 MHz, AM/CW/USB/LSB/ISB/FSK, in 100 Hz steps. Weighs about 50 pounds, rack mounted. I believe the output is about 1 watt, not much as it was designed to be used with the AM-3007 amplifier that jumps it to 100 watts. These were configured in stacks, the R-1051 on the bottom, the T-827 on top of that, followed by the AM-3007 amp, and an antenna coupler topped it all off. The stack was called the AN/WRC-1 set. There are still ships that have this stack, though most upgraded to the Harris RF-590 series by now.

My unit is missing a few of the modules, so it won't be on the air until I find them and the manual for it. If anyone knows where I can find either, I appreciate it.

BTW - have already tried the following places for parts to no avail: Fair Radio, Murphys Surplus Warehouse, Surplus Sales of Nebraska.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks