• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

t-case chain flex?

Tore down the T-case. I don't see any issues in the gears or bearings. The chain has a half inch or more of flex. Would this cause it to bind? All was fine until I had to have it yanked out of a stuck and had to use the 4wd at the same time. Now it makes a THUNK like being whacked with a lead mallet when in 4wd and slowing down. Front diff looks fine, as do the U-joints, and the hubs act good as well.

C15TA

I asked my buddy Big Ed (6'8" & 345 lbs) about your problem and he suggested trying it in 4X4 with the front drive shaft removed. If it still does it then he you know it is probably in the transfer case. He has run in to this problem before and it has been the bearings on the 4X4 end of the case, even though they look good. His 2 cents.
Barry