• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Deuce is my only reliable vehicle...

rottiedog

Drove the bobbed Deuce again today. Lincoln lost the brake booster and the M1009 is still broke from destroying the Dana 60 and losing a wheel.

It is a blast and I always get a kick out of driving through the gate. The Marines laugh, I laugh, oh....what a halmark moment......

OD_Coyote

Amen brothers! I know in the past (4) years my deuce has never let me down and it is the best cold weather starting diesel I own. Heck it starts faster than my 92 Dodge W250 with the Cummins, unless I plug in the engiine block heater.

Martin T.

Drove the bobbed Deuce again today. Lincoln lost the brake booster and the M1009 is still broke from destroying the Dana 60 and losing a wheel.

It is a blast and I always get a kick out of driving through the gate. The Marines laugh, I laugh, oh....what a halmark moment......
Do you work at Cherry Point? Where at on the Base? I have not seen your Deuce around. The more I see and read about these Deuces make me want one.:grin:

rottiedog

Yes, work at Cherry Point BLD 4470. You??

Just because the deuce is reliable doesn't make me less of a dumbazz. I took my son to the skate park on the base with the truck today. Walked over and checked it out. It is NICE. Nobody was there because of the rain from yesterday. We worked at drying off some of the ramps and I looked over at where the deuce was.......yes WAS.... It was not there and was gaining speed!!! Forgot the parking brake not that it would have helped since I am waiting for the parking brake shoes to arrive from OD. I took off like a bat out of hell that has had three back surgeries since getting out of the military. Caught the truck after it crossed the road but before it went through the rain ditch in front of the movie theater.....

FUN!!

Alredneck

Banned
Hell yea, Apoc get the same mileage as my 04 Hemi 2500 ( about 14mpg hwy ) on used motor oil and is cheaper to fill up to. Go MULTIs!:-D

davidkroberts

hey rottie,

I didnt know you worked at Cherry Point. I was stationed around that area when i was with 2nd Force Recon Co. Ill look you up the next time im swinging through. In fact ill be in the Moyock NC area all next month. We'll have to hook up and go wheeling.:-D

Martin T.

Yes, work at Cherry Point BLD 4470. You??

Just because the deuce is reliable doesn't make me less of a dumbazz. I took my son to the skate park on the base with the truck today. Walked over and checked it out. It is NICE. Nobody was there because of the rain from yesterday. We worked at drying off some of the ramps and I looked over at where the deuce was.......yes WAS.... It was not there and was gaining speed!!! Forgot the parking brake not that it would have helped since I am waiting for the parking brake shoes to arrive from OD. I took off like a bat out of hell that has had three back surgeries since getting out of the military. Caught the truck after it crossed the road but before it went through the rain ditch in front of the movie theater.....

FUN!!
Yes I do also. I work at BLDG 4031(Blue Bldg). I did see the truck in James City but missed it.