• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

this a good truck for the price or not

racines346

1985 m1008 cucv (mlitary 1 1/4 ton truck 6.2 disel engin ) (chevy 3500 hd) 4.56 gears dana 60 front end, gm 14 bolt rear with detroit locker, max payload 2900 pounds needs a flexplate $2500 does run has a plow on it the body is decent 95% solid floor is solid bed is solid rest of the truck needs minor repairs 82,000 miles on it i will be replacing the flxplate this week after i do price will be $3200 no trades
found it on craigslist link removed going to look at it in a couple of days thanks shane

Last edited by a moderator:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you wanting to know if this is a good price for buying or are you selling it ?
Your post is a little confusing , plus you have posted the same thing in 2 WTB ads .

dependable

Depends a lot on interpretation of '95%' body, rust wise. If you want to plow it might be fair. If you want a nice CUCV to fix up, you should probably not get one that has been plowed a lot.

Last edited:

gungearz

This thread is wothless without pictures... Any leaks...? What are the miner repairs...? Some guys think head gaskets are miner repairs. While others will junk it because of a head gasket. There's not enough information to accuratly answer this question. Personally I think $3200 should be for a good running truck with minimal detail problems and perfect mechanically..... But that's just my opinion.

ssdvc

Check it out carefully. If it was used to plow with, it could have drivetrain or frame issues. Oh, and check for rust too.

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks