• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top plug into EESS, loosing all power intermittently?

buckroseau

I'm about 2 and half weeks into my new M998 now. Had a KDS green box, was having some intermittent glow plug light issues, and voltage drops on the meter. Decided to order up an S3 from Kascar, got it Friday and installed it Saturday morning.

Everything seemed fine right away and into the afternoon. Took it for a couple drives and started it a few times for good measure. After maybe the 10th attempt Saturday afternoon, nothing. Absolutely no power, as if the batteries were disconnected. Left the switch on and started wiggling wires, starting with the battery. Long story short, the top plug into the S3 is the culprit. I can move the to the side and either power everything up or kill it completely.

Before I tear into it, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if yes what to look for in that plug?

Thanks, Matt

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replace the engine harness, as I ove said in nemrous posts, these can/will and do cause lots of issues.
while you may fine the actual culprit in the harness plug, I don't play aroumd with intermittent shorts...they have a habit of cropping up when you don't want them, or better yet, causing damage to other components.
its easy to replace and rather cheap for what it is.

Mike82ndABN

Make sure the battery is disconnected when you are hooking and unhooking that thing, you can fry it.

I would clean the pins somehow, and then use dielectric grease when you reconnect it. Add a ground wire to one of the studs too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks