• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing or Clutch Repair

Delicious Clint

Well, we did make it across the country but our second foray locally was a bit less successful....while running down for a camping weekend, the clutch started to soften up. I wasn't at the helm for this expedition and my more-knowledgeable mechanic buddy had to hop a flight to a previous commitment after calling me to tell me that he'd gotten the truck to a safe house (for the moment, until the neighbors complain) and that the clutch was dead.

I got down there yesterday and was able to move in reverse fairly well but there was no engagement to go forward. I've got a mechanic a couple miles distant ready to take it in but thought that driving a Deuce in reverse through a busy urban area might not be the brightest thing ever attempted (although it might make a better story?).

The search here has convinced me that a location repair is NOT in the cards -- what is the proper way to tow a Deuce to avoid damage? I'm planning to call a professional but would appreciate any advice here so that I'm armed with some knowledge.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks