• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans/Transfer needed m1008

brianrbull

Help, My brother in law was driving my CUCV , and it seems the splines between the trans and transfer have striped out......Before I gt Blasted with the No PIcs .GIF I am in Afghanistan and the truck is in Grand Rapids MI. The unit is used on almost a daily basis on the farm, so it needs to be repaired. does anyone out there have a trans mission and transfer case that is operable and willing to part with it? Thanks

Brian

brianrbull

Well once upon a time.......... My truck was involved in a suicide......it seems a young girl had left a wedding party and crashed her truck into mine, KILLING her little Blazer...... all I got was a bent bumper, broken tail light and minor body damage and $5500 from the insurance company because my truck was parked at the time and they treated it as property. Thats all the damage or so I thought... I was overseas at the time and my girl at the time continued to drive it for a few days with a BROKEN housing between the trans and transfer causing the two to be at an angle. I had the housing replaced and was told that there had been damage to the splines on bothe the trans and transfer,They lasted almost 3 years .
Now It time to do something about it.
I have an off the wall question and I know some of you will not like it. but with finances the way they are at the moment it may be my only option.
I have a '84 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 with a blown motor. good trans(4 Spd) and transfer(208) will that interchange? knowing that the clutch pedal and such will have to be changed? The 3/4 ton had a 350ci in it are the bell housings the same? Might be cool to have a stick CUCV.....ANY help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys

Attachments

Blood_of_Tyrants

Jeez, I wish I had know about this last week and asked me to bring one. I am in Wixom, MI and I would have GIVEN one to you if you came by the hotel. At least I THINK it's for a M1008. It might be for an M1009 or something else. Don't know if they are the same or not.

mangus580

They would be the same....

I have a trans, and tcase input shaft to match it here... you would need to take the tcase apart to put the input shaft in it.

Lawrence of Arabia

Possably Have Parts

I have a 1985 Civilian 3/4Ton with a tranny and transfer case. I am in Howell, MI. about 110 miles from GR. Have someone call me if interested. 313 590 6327 Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks