• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case popping out of gear

JesseJaymes

My T case frequently comes out of gear while in 4Lo. Not at a slow crawl, but if I am really needing the 4WD and it's bumping around. This is not a terrible problem except I cannot put it back into any range without grinding. It seems I have to shut the vehicle off and then re-select the gear/range and things are fine.

Can someone explain either what causes this and how to overcome it or have it fixed?

scottc

I have found that mine will pop out sometimes in 4hi. As for the grinding, try engageing/diengaging 4lo with the transmission in N. You may already do this. I think the few times mine has slipped out of 4hi was my fault. Getting in a hurry and not making sure the lever was locked in all the way.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks